Tuesday 18 June 2013

The Winning Skincare Combo - Lush Ultrabland Cleanser And Tea Tree Toner Water |

I am a massive skincare lover and i find that if you have look after your skin your makeup seems to go on alot better. The past year i have developed my love for skincare by really understanding what it needs on a day to day basis. Listening to my skin and switching up what it needs whether one day its lacking dehydration or looking dull. My skincare bundle of joy is ever expanding and i LOVE IT. Recently my blemish prone skin has been an absolute nightmare and i ended up with 5 sore under the skin spots all around my chin area at the same time (Eurghhh ) and that made me stop and think is it my diet or stress or hormones?!! I have always had blemish prone skin since i was a teen and it always felt to me so bad and horrible. Now its gone back to the stage of being unruly and having 20 spots at one time (No Joke!! ) I have found recently with my change in diet and exercise they have decreased. After reading a couple of blog posts i found this combo - Lush Tea Tree Water Toner and Lush Ultrabland Cleanser. 




I have to admit i have never tried Lush's cleansers or toners before only the masks and i absolutely love the masks they have. So i thought why not try something different. 

I opted for the 45g Ultrabland Cleanser which is the smaller size of the two. Its a rich oily cleansing cream that is suitable for all skin types and softens the skin whilst giving the skin a good clean out. Based on an ancient beeswax and vegetable oil formula from the times of Galen, the Greek physician and philosopher, this product will lift dirt, grease and make up from the skin, without stripping away your skin's natural defences.

Ingredients - Almond Oil, Rose Water, Beeswax, Honey, Fresh Iris Extract, Glycerine, Rose Absolute, Tincture of Benzoin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

This cleanser is quite literally 'bland' as its leaves the skin with no cause of irritation, reaction or puffiness so it works with every skin type too. Lush recommend for problem skins stopping using all regular skincare products and using nothing but the ultrabland for one month to bring skin back into balance.

Working alongside the cleanser is the Lush Tea Tree Water. I brought the 250g which is the bigger bottle of the two as i thought the smaller one wouldnt last me that long. The Tea Tree water is a wonder product for anyone with oily or spot prone skin as it has antibacterial and antiseptic ingredients. Its a gentle toner that does the job.

Ingredients - Tea Tree Water, Grapefruit Water, Juniperberry Water, *Limonene, Perfume, Methylparaben

 The combo - Overall i think that the two products work so well together. The cleanser is really gentle and so effective in getting the days grim away from the skin and really has helped to improve my skin alot. I was using both of these products together twice a day for the whole month as suggested and my spots cleared within a couple of days when they appeared. I used the tea tree water on a cotton pad to swipe away the cleanser as advised and it worked really well together. I felt like my skin was being properly cleanser. I added a moisturiser in to my routine and only the every other week did i exfoliate as i didnt want to strip the skin completely as i wanted the cleanser to be able to do its job in balancing my skin. I have repurchased my second tub as the first tub lasted a whole month. I think this cleanser and toner is something i will continue to use in my routine but still being able to switch things up. I really recommend these two together if your skin is breaking out and you are wanting a gentle solution to help clear them without being too harsh on the skin. 


Have you tried this combo? Would you try it?











4 comments:

  1. I used this combo too when I had really bad breakouts and it cleared my skin up so well! I am trying new things now but it is always good to have it to use occasionally xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want the tea tree toner, now im interested in the cleanser after this review lol.
    Great post :) xx
    littlemisslouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not tried any lush facial skincare products before, but I think I need to try that toning water!

    Charlotte - blotandreapply.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely review, I was attracted by the Tea Tree Water but now want both since my skin is acting up recently!

    cat-flick.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love & read every comment :) and will reply back as soon as i can so make sure you check back!!. If you would like a quicker response then tweet me (@LovexBeauty91) or send me an email. Would love to hear from you. Lots of Love Emily xx