Saturday 24 August 2013

How To Be Yourself |




On my blog i like to have a  lifestyle/reflective kind of post. I find by doing these kind of posts its sort of like therapy but also can help others too. I was speaking to my best friend the other day and we were on about being true to yourself and how hard for many  years it has been to discover the real 'you'.

I wish as a teenager that i kept a diary as it would be so good to reflect and look back on. As a teenager this was where i was at my most confident stage i would say. I knew what i wanted to be and was very determined. But along the way i sort of did get 'lost'. I always wanted to fit in and for people to like me. I was very self critical of myself and i think along the way now i would of changed a few things. I thought this post would be helpful for people who are going start college or university, new job or a new situation. 

First of all you need to find yourself - by that i mean you cant be yourself if you dont accept yourself. Having time to youself 'me' time is always a good way to find out what you like and dont like. From this you can then know overtime that if you are with the right people that they will accept you for who you truely are. This may be abit of a hit and miss especially in the first few weeks of a new situation. Dont change yourself to fit into a group that you dont fit into.

Letting go of the past is always a tricky part of growing up. Its taken me personally a long time to get other things that affected me for so long. You shouldnt think that a moment or a period of time has to define you as a person for the rest of your life. This has been one of my hardest lessons to date and i think that allowing yourself space to grow and improve will better you in the long run. 

Stop caring about how people perceive you -  i for one am majorly affected with this point. This is something that i am still working on but i think that its one that completely makes you be yourself. If you change yourself for one person or a whole lot of people they may not like you and it could go on and on for a long long time. Being a people pleaser or always wanting that approval of love from people is never going to work out so who cares what other people say? this is your life and its up to you to do what you want to do.

Being honest and open - We are all not perfect and human after all. We do mistakes and may have things that we are ashamed of. Owning up or even admiting your flaws can help you to grow as a person. Even getting negative critism from your job or college/uni can help you improve your weaknesses and better yourself. 


8 comments:

  1. I love these kind of posts! I'm can be quite self conscious of what people think of me. Its really something i need to start working on. Love your blog! xx
    myloveforxx.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) i always try and push myself for change!! xx

      Delete
  2. It's you think you can help! Well done for trying! :) xx

    prettythings56.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post, thanking for sharing! I'm working on not worrying about that other people think of me. It's funny, some days I seem to care about it more than others, but I think I'm becoming more confident :) x

    janesjumbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww that so good to hear keep it up :) xx

      Delete
  4. This is such great advice. I really appreciate reading these kinds of posts. It's always so helpful to hear encouraging words from someone else's point of view. I definitely was more confident and motivated in high school. It's weird how real life suddenly gets in the way of everything but it's true that determination will get you everywhere :)

    -Victoria xo
    www.treelinedavenue.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definately :) life just changes and its so hard but just keep on going :) xx

      Delete

I love & read every comment :) and will reply back as soon as i can so make sure you check back!!. If you would like a quicker response then tweet me (@LovexBeauty91) or send me an email. Would love to hear from you. Lots of Love Emily xx