Wednesday 11 September 2013

Review: Ren ClearCalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser |





Another Ren product has recently come into my life and its very much needed. From my love of the smooth and renew mask i thought that i would dabble again into the Ren pond and try something else out. As i was searching for a new cleanser that battle and zap those pesky spots i knew the Ren ClearCalm Clay Cleanser would be the ideal one to try out.  As you may or may not know the brand is well loved within the blogging world and clearly rightly so using only the best and finest ingredients to give you what your skin deserves. 

The cleanser is designed for blemish prone skin and aims to deeply cleanse the skin, exfoliates to unclog pores and minimises the size of pores too. With its antibacterial propeties it will help prevent and treat blemishes. Its an unusual consistency as it is quite thick and creamy with a herbal scent. I have never tried using this to take off my makeup as i find that using this after my makeup is off i get to work it much better into the skin and i know that im giving my skin a good thorough cleanse. As it has clay i really find that it helps to soothe breakouts alot and makes it more manageable. For me this didnt make them disappear straight away as i used for a whole week straight and then i noticed the difference every day of them clearing up. I apply the cleanser to my face with damp hands then remove with water and a flannel. It doesnt leave a tight feeling or overly dry the skin neither which you might expect from a clay based product. 

It uses french clay which is known for oil absorbing properties, zinc gluconate to reduce production of sebum. Antibacterial salicilin mildly exfoliates the skin, while Mayblosson tones enlarged pores. All of that is topped off with a bit of Manuka extract to soothe and nourish. 

I really enjoy using this cleanser both in the mornings and evenings. It leaves my skin feeling soothed and alot less angry. I only use this cleanser when i do  have breakouts and i love how it helps them out. If you have frequent breakouts and are after a different product to try then this certainly does the job.  This would also be fab as a 'detox' sort of treatment maybe if you were to give your skin a good pamper then this will get everything crappy out of your skin!!

Have you tried the clear calm range from ren before?

ClearCalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser- £18.00


3 comments:

  1. Great review! I'm using the Clarifying Toner at the minute and love it so I'm stuck between buying this cleanser or the Detox Mask! Think I might have to go for the cleanser now..!

    www.ambersbeautytalk.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review Emily I haven't tried anything by them as yet but may now xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just bought the Ren Oil control cleanser. I originally wanted this one but the woman in space nk said the oil control would be better for my oily skin. After reading your post I definitely think I will by the clay cleanser when I run out to see what it's like.

    Great post
    Hannah xxx
    http://adayinthelifeofanortherngirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love & read every comment :) and will reply back as soon as i can so make sure you check back!!. If you would like a quicker response then tweet me (@LovexBeauty91) or send me an email. Would love to hear from you. Lots of Love Emily xx