Tuesday 26 November 2013

Budget Buiy: MUA Makeup Academy Ever After Matte Palette |





I like to post about affordable/budget buy products from time to time. I love nothing more then finding a product at a cheap price and wowing me with the results. MUA is a a brand that i have grown to love this year and have built up quite a little collection. I think that with the easy on the pennies and bank balance price tag it also delivers in results.

After being completely won over by the heaven and earth palette that has been featured on my blog a couple of times i thought it was time to invest in another. I noticed that a couple of new palettes had been released and straight away my eyes were draw to the 'Ever After Matte Palatte'. As you can guess from the name the shades are all completely matte which is ideal if you arent a big glitter lover.

The palette has 10 shades that are all neutral colours and consist of warm and cool tones which can be worn alone or blended together. 

Shades: Unwrap (white), Butter (cream), Bare (Nude), Taffeta (Peach) , Fade (brown), Penny (bronze), Chino (taupe), Truffle ( chocolate), Fog ( dove grey) , Smoke ( black) 

 I start off with using two of them as a base colour which is either 'butter' or 'bare'  and then choose either 'penny' or 'truffle'  as a main colour and then if i am wanting more of an intense crease look then i will have either 'chino' or 'fog' blended in the crease. I then also use 'unwrap' as an inner corner shade and use it under my brow bone as a highlight.

What i love most about the palette is how it is very versatile which can be used either for a simple day look and then you can transform it for an intense smoky evening look without breaking the bank. The texture of the eyeshadows arent overly chalky or creamy they are just in the middle. I find that with using this palette an eye primer is definately needed as the lasting power isnt all day. The shade range is perfect and they are of decent quality too.

For blending they do a really great job but if they were more creamier then they would work alot better but i am really impressed of how well they do. I think using this palette for this season is working so well for me and it compliements wearing a bold lip too!!! ?The pigmentation of the colours are lovely and i find that i am using this palette on a daily basis as it has all the colours i need. I think that MUA have done amazingly well in creating such a lovely affordable product.
Have you brought this palette? what do you think?



2 comments:

  1. Such a reasonable palette.

    Emma x
    http://www.beautyandrags.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to try out this palette, such a great buy
    love victoriajanex
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love & read every comment :) and will reply back as soon as i can so make sure you check back!!. If you would like a quicker response then tweet me (@LovexBeauty91) or send me an email. Would love to hear from you. Lots of Love Emily xx